- Job Title
- Case Specialist
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Bronx, NY 10451
- Other Location
- Los Angeles, Newark, or Atlanta
Start Date: Spring 2022
Employment Type: This is a full-time position
Location: NYC, Los Angeles, Newark, or Atlanta
Reports to: Student Success Manager
TKH General Overview
The Knowledge House’s mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders, who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
The Knowledge House (TKH) approach is to (1) close gaps in the education-to-employment pipeline in underserved Bronx neighborhoods by teaching young adults aged 16-24 skills to launch careers or ventures in technology, and (2) support links between local youth, tech innovation, and business development that bring positive community impact. Headquartered in the South Bronx, the poorest congressional district, TKH has served more than 1,900 students. Current core programs include our Innovation Fellowship focused on software engineering, cyber security, and digital design for adult job trainees, and our Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship for high school students learning computational thinking and web design.
Benefits of working at The Knowledge House:
- Apply your teaching and learning expertise to address the knowledge and skills gap to low income and underrepresented communities nationwide (we are rapidly expanding in NYC, Newark, Atlanta, and LA)
- Be part of a fast-moving and tech-enabled organization that’s building the next generation of tech entrepreneurs, technologists, and innovators
- Join a startup where every team member is expected to contribute to strategy, create solutions and improve organizational culture
- Flexible schedule hours within required evening class times and team meeting requirements; ability to work from home for part of the workweek
The Case Specialist is responsible for the persistence and success of each student at TKH. The Case Specialist is responsible for supporting the onboarding, academic and career development needs and graduation of students. Case Specialists have monthly case management meetings with students to review progress towards program completion and career goals. Throughout the course they communicate expectations, course schedules, and assignments to students while collecting and reporting student performance data to the programs team and TKH staff. Case Specialists report to the Student Success Manager, providing updates on which students need special interventions and/or further support. Case Specialists assist instructors in tracking student activity inside and outside the classroom and refer them to office hours and tutoring schedules. Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
To ensure employee and student safety, as of January 1, 2022, all TKH employees are mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
It is the policy of The Knowledge House, Inc. to promote and provide equal employment opportunities without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.