Senior Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Tysons Corner, VA
- Other Location
The ideal candidate will be a versatile engineering subject matter expert comfortable with designing, deploying, and managing enterprise security solutions. Physical location is Northern Virginia, Tysons Corner area but is currently 90% remote.
● Support the design, administration, integration, and maintenance of the systems and network infrastructure that includes a Splunk Multi-site Cluster sized to support 5 Terabytes of data ingest daily and storage for 10 Petabytes of processed data across multiple geographically diverse locations.
● Assist with modernizing the organization’s TIC monitoring effort. This includes upgrading network devices to support 40Gb traffic levels, upgrading the sensor clusters, IDS systems, and improvements to real-time email analysis.
● Provide engineering support of firewalls, routers, VPN concentrators, and switches for a 24x7 SOC environment, including the routes that connect the SOC with multiple data centers.
● Manage a comprehensive infrastructure monitoring system using Zabbix to improve operational status visibility and response time to incidents and outages.
● Support migration of Multi-site Splunk cluster to AWS.
● Support the development team in testing and integrating new commercial and internally developed software technologies
● Provide technical support to the Systems Administration team for high level troubleshooting of CentOS-based servers, both physical and virtual
● U.S. Citizen
● Current Secret Clearance or Eligibility to Obtain
● 7+ years, or equivalent education, experience in systems and network engineering, system administration, and IT operations, especially with Linux CentOS, Cisco ASA, Juniper Firewalls, RSA SecurID, and CyberArk
● Subject matter expertise of Zabbix for network and system monitoring
● Ability to work independently in fast-paced, structured, and unstructured environments
● Solid understanding of AWS and cloud technologies
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering