Start Date: June 2022
Employment Type: This is a contract position
Location: Atlanta, Newark, NYC
Reports to: Manager of Curricula and Instruction; Lead Instructor
TKH General Overview
The Knowledge House’s mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs,
and digital leaders, who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
The Knowledge House (TKH) approach is to (1) close gaps in the education-to-employment pipeline in
underserved Bronx neighborhoods by teaching young adults aged 16-24 skills to launch careers or
ventures in technology, and (2) support links between local youth, tech innovation, and business
development that brings positive community impact. Headquartered in the South Bronx, the poorest
congressional district, TKH has served more than 1,900 students. Current core programs include our
Innovation Fellowship focused on software engineering, cyber security, and digital design for adult job
trainees, and our Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship for high school students learning computational
thinking and web design.
Benefits of working at The Knowledge House:
● Apply your teaching and learning expertise to address the knowledge and skills gap to low income
and underrepresented communities nationwide (we are rapidly expanding in NYC, Newark, Atlanta,
● Be part of a fast-moving and tech-enabled organization that’s building the next generation of tech
entrepreneurs, technologists, and innovators
● Join a startup where every team member is expected to contribute to strategy, create solutions and
improve organizational culture
● Flexible schedule hours within required evening class times and team meeting requirements; ability
to work from home for part of the workweek
The TKH KKCF Teaching Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting the TKH summer programs
with a focus on the Atlanta-based TKH Cohort. This engagement will cover all teaching and student support
services, reporting tasks, and curriculum production tasks that are associated with the 2022 Atlanta-based
KKCF cohort. These include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assisting Teaching and Classroom Support KKCF (60%)
a. Assist in the conducting of 4 weekly four hour courses and 1 partial day course for a class of
100 fellows, between the hours of 10:00 am -2:00 pm Monday through Thursday, and 10:00 am-
12:00 pm on Friday, including all management tasks, instruction, and implementation of
both guided and unguided labs via Zoom.
b. Manage a calendar/booking system for student office hours, 4 hours a week or as needed.
In-person or via Zoom.
c. Be prepared to review student feedback, and troubleshoot class issues on Friday
2. Class Reporting Duties and Deliverables (30%)
a. Work with the lead instructor to compile all student attendance, incident reports, lab
submission rates, and grades, weekly assignment submission rates and grades, and project
deliverable submission rates and grades.
b. Support the lead instructor with outreach to community partners, including high schools
and community-based organizations, to foster student persistence.
c. Prepare to review reports during Friday Cohort Check-in.
3. Individual Student Support (10%)
a. Support students who have entered the program by monitoring and answering questions
via slack and occasionally providing 1-1 help sessions.
b. Help staff in evaluating student work
c. Connect students to industry events and professionals in Atlanta.
d. Lead review sessions and complimentary workshops as needed.
*TKH Program dates are subject to change
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
● 2+ years of professional or academic experience in technology or relevant field is required
graphic design, computational thinking
● 1+ years of experience with classroom management, teaching, or working with young adults is
● Previous experience working with underprivileged communities is a plus
● Experience with eLearning, computer-enhanced teaching, and blended learning approaches
● Strong presentation, public speaking, and "people skills"
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
The compensation for this part-time, two-month contract role is a flat monthly rate of $3,000/month for
an expected ~25-hour workweek. This contract is for the teaching, reporting, and curriculum development
of the Knowledge House’s 2022 Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship (KKCF) Program.
To ensure employee and student safety, as of January 1, 2022, all TKH employees are mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
It is the policy of The Knowledge House, Inc. to promote and provide equal employment opportunities without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.