- Job Title
- Senior Controller
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
We are working with a rapidly growing CPG greenhouse food producer. Seeking a Senior Controller that will help design and manage the accounting technology platform and processes. This individual will lead all day-to-day financial operations and supervise an accounting team. The Senior Controller will also be responsible for the systems, procedures and controls in place to support effective financial management and conduct flawless audits.
Location: Irvington, NY. Hybrid Schedule
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Build and oversee a staff to manage A/R, A/P and fixed assets for a rapidly scaling company
- Oversee and reconcile all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Drive technology and process optimization in accounting practices
- Develop and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with the CFO, department heads and their teams
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary entities, especially transaction-processing and profit elimination
- Manage banking needs and services
- Manage expense and payables platforms
- Manage audit and tax preparations and vendor 1099s
- Manage all month end and year end closing processes
- Manage day-to-day operational accounting functions
- Assess current systems and processes and recommend improvements
- Maintain internal controls
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in an accounting role
- 3+ years of experience in a Controller or Sr Controller role
- Strong experience leading an accounting team and being an active part of audits
- Self-starter and a problem solver with strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a dynamic and quickly evolving environment is a must
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills, lead by example – set the highest possible standards for quality, efficiency, productivity, and behavior.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and data driven
- Advanced excel and Netsuite skills
- Ability to travel to greenhouses if needed
- Fully vaccinated with a US approved Covid-19 vaccine by start date