Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Financial Systems Analyst
- Job Title
- Financial Systems Analyst
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
In this highly visible, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Accounting Systems Support Analyst is responsible for the budgeting functions for Methodist Dallas, Charlton, Mansfield, Richardson, and Methodist Health System.
• Bachelor's degree with major in IS or Finance (Accounting) or a Masters with equivalent job-related experience.
• Crystal Reporting — Preferred
• Visual Basic
• EPIC experience strongly —
Your Job Responsibilities:
•Work on getting certified in EPIC (Caboodle , Cogito)
◦ Computer literacy required (advanced Excel, Access, SQL or similar capabilities).
◦ Hospital accounting experience preferred
◦ Must be a team-oriented problem-solver
◦ Must be able to analyze complex issues, identify relevant facts and communicate problematic resolution both verbally and in writing
◦ preferred. Must excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to interface with a multidisciplinary management staff.
◦ Must have the aptitude to learn new computer systems skills
◦ PC based accounting experience preferred (Lawson preferred)
◦ Related budgeting experience preferred.
◦ Report writer experience (Crystal Reporting preferred)
◦ Ten key by touch
◦ Visual Basic for Application programming language
◦ Work Experience: 3 years experience
◦ Assist department directors in their budgeting responsibilities.
◦ Build necessary programs and do necessary calculations to help in the budgeting process.
◦ Compute actual projected, annualized (all divisions and subs).
◦ Compute volume budget based on parameters set by the hospital administrators: Build history report for volumes; Upload the volumes budgets and ensure budgets are ready for use in the revenue budget.
◦ Manage budget changes on a daily/monthly basis: Process and file budget change forms.
◦ Participates in year-end count of physical inventory.
◦ Performs and manages allocation of productive hours to non-productive (vertical spread) and allocating annual salary budgets monthly (horizontal spread) MCMC, MDMC, MMMC, MRMC.
◦ Responsible for building, maintaining and updating as needed, computer programs and systems for the Finance department.