Building Automation Solutions provides Chicagoland building managers with the powerful automation tools they need to achieve greater energy efficiency in their buildings. With our team of HVAC mechanical technicians trained in direct digital controls, we’ll ensure your building’s heating and cooling systems are optimized for efficiency, comfort, and high-quality performance.
BAS Controls Estimator
- Job Title
- BAS Controls Estimator
- Job ID
- Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Other Location
Building Automation Solutions provides building managers with the powerful automation tools they need to achieve greater energy efficiency in their buildings. With our team of HVAC mechanical technicians trained in direct digital controls, we’ll ensure your building’s heating and cooling systems are optimized for efficiency, comfort, and high-quality performance.
Currently, we are searching for an experienced BAS Controls Estimator to join our growing team! We offer a generous starting salary and excellent benefits to our team members! Apply today!
The BAS Controls Estimator plans, coordinates, and/or prepares full estimates for large, complex HVAC Mechanical work and contracts. Works with clients, subcontractors and vendors to generate budgets, proposals, hard bids, etc. for commercial, industrial and institutional projects. Responsible for review of all final estimate packages with Chief Estimator to insure accuracy and completeness. Perform negotiation of contract scope, buy-out of projects and write-ups for accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares overall estimating functions
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Recommends what projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc. on a weekly basis.
- Participates in reviews of current status of pending bids and upcoming bids with Sr Estimator or Sr VP of Construction and President on a weekly basis.
- Provides technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as required for projects BAS has committed to bid.
- Provides technical support to the Project Manager, as requested, for awarded contracts, including estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, procuring materials, etc.
- Insures all working documents and data to back-up estimate figures are maintained on BAS computer network or other programs as required.
- Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Effectively communicates estimating issues to senior management.
- Leads negotiation of contract scope and verbiage w/ General Contractors on successful projects.
- Leads negotiation of vendor/subcontractor pricing and buy-out to achieve maximum gross margin for company.
- Provide Project Management with “Turn-Over Meetings” to convey all information compiled during the estimating process to Production.
- Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining estimating software and pricing service to assure estimates are accurate and department is efficient.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by the Sr Estimator or Sr VP of Construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Ten years HVAC/Plumbing estimating experience in commercial work.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures and estimating techniques plus industry standards, practices, and processes that impact the bid.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort.
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum of supervision. Incumbent has profit/loss responsibilities.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.