Service Support Desk Technician (On Site)
- Job Title
- Service Support Desk Technician (On Site)
- Job ID
- King of Prussia, PA
- Other Location
The Service Support Desk Technician (on-site) is responsible for acknowledging and responding to incoming customer calls, emails, and electronic service tickets. As the first point of contact, you will be providing physical and virtual service call resolution through application tools (e.g. Citrix, VPN, etc.) and contacting internal service providers or outside vendors to order supplies and dispatch service to resolve customer needs/requests.
The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Strong people skills; able to build and maintain professional, trusting relationships with clients, Vereco Operations Team, and vendors
- Able to learn the culture and uniqueness of the client environment and adapt to various personality types and reporting levels quickly and effectively.
- Goes above and beyond for the client. Provides exceptional follow-up. Remains visible to the client provides constant communication and demonstrates a helpful, service-focused attitude.
- Communicates and interacts with customers, field service, sales, management, and administration in a courteous, positive, and professional way.
- Acts as the first point of contact for customer issues and demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction by providing resolution through physical response or assignment to service provider.
- Monitors and manages service tickets in the customer helpdesk application (e.g. CA Service Desk, Service Now) from ticket open to ticket close and issue resolution.
- Answers incoming customer phone calls, emails, and service tickets and takes the appropriate action for each request.
- Contacts the appropriate internal or external service provider to dispatch service for each service ticket or complete a supply order to fulfill the customer's request.
- Monitors service level response times and escalates issues before service tickets exceed company response criteria.
- Follows up contact with the customer during and after resolution to service requests.
- Inputs data into Excel, Service Desk, and Vendor Web Portals.
- Uses company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a customer issue or if that issue requires managerial input.
- Troubleshoot and install applications updates (e.g. print drivers, firmware, etc.)
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Set up user accounts within helpdesk applications
- Assist onsite project teams with physical or remote support installation issues and programming
- Provide end-user training on devices or functionality as required.
- Complete all administrative aspects of the job on time and with little to no errors.
- Create and maintain accurate equipment databases including network connectivity for supported clients
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record and personal vehicle is required
- Demonstrates high proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite to manipulate data, and access online manuals/diagnostic tools.
- Prior customer service or IT service desk experience.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze, and read and comprehend technical information.
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, executive sponsors, client, resident team, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team to effectively deliver results.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Demonstrates the following competencies: excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic networking
- Prior experience in maintaining and repair of printing equipment and print servers preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time in assigned territory
- Working in a face-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Requires travel throughout hospital complete and grounds, both walking and driving
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, work at floor level and walk long distances
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
- Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, noise, mechanical, electrical, fume/odor, chemical, toxic waste, and wet hazards
Various immunizations and/or medical testing may be required at the company's expense as a condition of employment for any positions that work on-site regularly in a hospital or medical setting