- Job Title
- Dental Assistant
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients. Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Assist dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study cases.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
- Clean teeth using dental instruments.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
Texas RDA License and CPR (BLS) certificate required.
At least 1 year of work experience as a Dental Assistant.