- Job Title
- Commercial Superintendent
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68137
- Other Location
With over 45 years of experience, McNeil Company is an industry leader in structural construction. Specializing in commercial, multi-family, and residential builds, we pride ourselves in successful completion of some of the finest projects in the Midwest. Our team members are not only devoted to their work but are driven to achieve the highest standards on every level for every customer.
As a Superintendent, you will be a key player in McNeil Company’s success, working with a crew of professional and knowledgeable individuals primarily in the Omaha Metropolitan area. You will communicate with project managers, owners, and subcontractors to get the job done on time with the highest level of quality and craftsmanship. You will be offered versatility and the opportunity to make in impact in several different areas. You can expect to spend time working on drawings, submittals, schedules, craft supervision, and project documentation. You will also have the opportunity to assist with the building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities.
- Lead and support a team of employees and ensure teams have the necessary resources to execute projects safely and on time.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule utilizing scheduling software; prepare look ahead schedules
- Act as a hands-on supervisor working closely with your team to monitor and execute various tasks related to building structures, including but not limited to machine operation to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor project progress and deliver timely solutions to the customer through planning, forecasting, and effective problem solving.
- Make recommendations on ways to reduce cost, improve schedule dates, decrease project scope and improve the quality of the project
- Demonstrate leadership traits of safety, promptness, and dependability to build a collaborative, high performing team of construction employees.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and presents self to the McNeil Company standard when communicating with clients, subcontractors, and owners.
- Train new and existing team members and implement best practices where appropriate to streamline workflow, reduce production costs, and enhance customer satisfaction
- Provide periodic coaching and feedback to further employee development and foster a positive work environment
- Preference will be given to candidates that have a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, experience overseeing projects and ability to interpret blueprints/plans, experience using scheduling/construction software, and operating heavy machinery.
- Experience or proven competencies solving complex construction problems is required, preferably, as a current or former Construction Superintendent.
- Physical requirements include frequently lifting/moving 75-100lbs, climbing ladders, standing/kneeling for extended periods of time, and exposure to all weather elements.
- Applicants should be extremely detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and must have the ability to think out-of-the-box to find solutions to both routine and complex construction problems while continuing to push the project forward.