BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Requirement ID
- Charleston, SC
- Other Location
Job title Controller in Charleston, SC; (Hybrid 3 in 2 out) Reports to CEO
Metronome seeks a Controller for managing accounting, financial, and contracting related operations in support of C-level management and is responsible for handling a significant volume of activity.
Applies advanced accounting skills to perform and/or oversee routine and non-routine tasks involving the processing and reconciliation of receivables, billing, payroll, accounts payable, contract revenue calculations, contract cost accumulation and reporting, indirect rate calculations, fixed assets, general ledger, preparing financial statements, and supporting compliance audits.
Duties and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong experience working within government contracting and expert using QuickBooks with strict DCAA compliance.
- Managing accounting services for the company; responsible for project management of accounting schedule; manages all audits and has relationship with CPA and Banking institution.
- Maintains complete control of the balance sheet.
- Adept at developing strategy and pricing volumes for government contracts to be bid.
- Develops indirect rate structures, budgets, forecasts, develops and runs commissions; incurred cost submissions, and general ledger; prepares monthly financial statements and variance analysis; troubleshoots system errors; sets up any new cost pools.
- Briefs leaders on results, forecasts, and opportunities for improvement. Help leaders with decision-making in providing financial outcomes for alternative scenarios.
- Experience building pricing volumes for government contracts.
- MUST be an ultra-expert in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Highly organized. Tedious about record-keeping, file organization, etc.
- Experience accurately calculating and running commissions for sales teams each payroll.
- Able to handle competing deliverables with various levels of complexity.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and ensure the quality of work of support staff.
- Motivated – A self-starter with the ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects within cost and schedule.
- 7+ Years of demonstrated experience in Accounting; proficiency with general ledger, job costing, GAAP compliance a must.
- 4+ Years of Accounting experience within the Government sector.
- Experience applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal cost principles.
- Experience applying DCAA accounting and financial compliance.
- Experience developing Indirect Rates, Pools and Bases, and properly allocating cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA (Desired).
- Familiar with Cost Account Standards, DCAA and FAR.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear as well as stand for extended periods and sit for extended periods.
- Required Skills