- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and plays a key role in leading the team and ensuring the integrity of accounting information.
- Oversees and manages company’s general ledger activity
- Supervises, trains, and develops senior and staff level accounting personnel
- Prepares and presents performance evaluations of direct reports
- Reviews monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the month.
- Reviews detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support management in the review of the monthly operating performance.
- Reviews monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assists Controller and CAO, as needed with financial information requests and questions.
- Participate in development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections, and quarterly forecasts.
- Work directly with Center Leaders and Executive management.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- College degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 5 – 7+ year’s experience in healthcare financial accounting and/or audit
- Management or supervisory experience strongly preferred, review experience required
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.