Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Revenue Cycle Manager
- Job Title
- Revenue Cycle Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for developing, planning, organizing and implementing current and future strategies for the billing team. The revenue cycle manager will contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle function, provide analysis, create written processes and train others in implementing a cross functional revenue cycle team.
- Participate and help implement a system to ensure that accurate billing information is entered into the billing system.
- Supervise the Revenue Cycle Department in various duties, such as account management, communications with insurance providers, collections, cash posting, and billing.
- Managing staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and one-on-one meetings.
- Oversees the interviewing and hiring of new staff.
- Efficiently managing patient complaints in respect of billing and collections.
- Ensures accurate diagnoses and procedure codes are utilized.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Plans and structures the department workflow while maintaining and managing cash flow.
- Receives and responds to special requests and resolves complex problems.
- Provide positive direction, guidance and leadership to ensure effective teamwork and motivation.
- Oversee, develop and recommend training programs that are relevant and necessary for the continuous development of the Revenue Cycle Team.
- Communicate with the Senior Management Team.
- Define/streamline various functional activities to ensure effectiveness in maximizing the utilization of both asset and people resources.
- Work collaboratively with all center staff as well as the Operations Team and Revenue Cycle Department to provide feedback and identify areas of opportunities.
- Perform all EOM closing procedures.
- Stay abreast of payer requirements and changes in the industry and communicate those changes to team and leadership.
- Collaborate with Unlimited/Clinical Operations/Operations in regards to the onboarding of new centers or center issues.
- Manages and maintains employee hours/PTO and time management for 40-50 team members.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates degree or Higher in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Proven Minimum 5–10 years’ experience in Revenue Cycle.
- Experience with multiple billing and EMR Systems.
- Working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT coding.
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party billing/coding guidelines.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office application as well as medical office software.
- ROCC, CHONC, or CPC credentials preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiar with Chemotherapy and Radiation Billing
Ability to work in a team environment. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Ability to handle stress while maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to take Initiative in resolving issues. Ability to be pro-active with solutions. Needs to be adaptable to change. Ability to handle accountability. Ability to handle oneself with integrity and self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking. Ability to maintain a professional, polished image. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying twenty five pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.