Supply Chain Manager
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Manager
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA 30309
- Other Location
At Axion, we empower our scientists and engineers to develop the tools that lead to new discoveries and better clinical outcomes. Our products are actively used in ground-breaking research in the fields of neurodegenerative disease, cancer immunotherapy, and cardiac safety. Located in Atlanta, GA, you’ll join a team that is skilled, passionate, and supportive. If you want to be a part of a company that is on the leading edge of scientific research, Axion may be the place for you.
The supply chain manager will be responsible in managing the day-to-day processes and staff to ensure timely and accurate sourcing, purchase, movement, and control of inventory. They will be responsible for Axion’s global supply chain and ensuring all current and future business development needs are met. Applicants should be comfortable taking on additional roles within a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. This is hands on position that will integrate with the operations at as Axion continues to grow and expand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of 3 professionals, setting clear direction and ensuring appropriate capabilities are developed across the team, to oversee planning, purchasing, inventory and shipping of products.
- Develop and oversee the cycle count and inventory process, achieving 99% inventory accuracy.
- Establishes and review all supply chain KPIs.
- Align with new product development team and ensure alignment with strategic production sourcing goals. Evaluate make versus buy decisions on components and develop second sourcing for electronics, plastic and metal.
- Accountable for ensuring an end to-end optimized supply plan to minimize risk and freight costs. Understand freight lanes and cost to minimize cost and delays. Obtain CTPAT certification.
- Ensure traceability procedures are enforced and adhered to ensure compliance with ISO, OSHA, CFR21, FDA, and internal audits.
- Reviews production schedule to define the material requirements. addresses and resolves possible material shortages.
- Works with other departments to review and dispose of non-conforming materials.
- Become highly knowledgeable about Axion Biosystem’s part numbers and warehousing system. Ensure ERP systems has accurate pricing, supplier data and material management data (lot size, minimum order quantity, price breaks)
- Identify production and operational waste and implement processes improvement to minimize and streamline (LEAN).
- Degree in business, engineering, supply management, or related field required; APICS certification preferred
- 5+ years related experience
- Broad knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
- Experience with LEAN and other efficiency initiatives (7wastes, 5s)
- Proactive mindset with drive for continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of ERP/MRP systems, Acumatica experience preferred.
- Successful US-based candidates must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated before the employment start date unless exempted by applicable law.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (position not eligible for work visa sponsorship)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.