Hays Service, a fourth generation family-owned business, has operated on the principles of customer loyalty, safety, and productivity since 1945. We are proud of our unique history, beginning in the heating and plumbing industry and transitioning first to air conditioning and then to mechanical service and maintenance. Throughout nearly 75 years of business, Hays Service has transformed into a niched service provider, specializing in planned maintenance, environmentally sensitive solutions, and owning and operating cost reduction.
HVAC Service Technician - Commercial
- Job Title
- HVAC Service Technician - Commercial
- Job ID
- Macon, GA 31210
- Other Location
At Hays Service, we are a family-owned company committed to creating a positive, rewarding atmosphere for our team members. We have spent over 70 years building a company that we can be proud of – a company that focuses on working together with our customers to provide solutions to their heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs. We're a fast-growing commercial HVAC, building automation, and energy services company with a culture that exemplifies excellence in everything we do. If you value customer service, safety, and productivity, we'd love to hear from you!
Through our Macon, Georgia headquarters, we have many opportunities available in the Middle Georgia area (Macon, Dublin, Warner Robins, etc.). Standard workdays are Monday – Friday with occasional on-call after hours.
Our Service Technicians service commercial HVAC and related equipment. Service may include preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair/replacement of commercial HVAC equipment.
The starting pay for this position is between $24 and $40 an hour based on experience and skill set.
What You'll Do:
- Inspect and test systems for proper operation
- Determine customer concerns with HVAC systems
- Follow standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with customers to isolate problems or verify resolution
- Record and report faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to balance system Perform preventative maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, lubricating parts, or changing filters
- Install components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion valves and compressors
- Coordinate with repair and maintenance teams to assist in other work
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Connect pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Installation of heating or cooling equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- 401K – Matched
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with service of commercial HVAC systems required
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as required by the company’s insurance provider
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.