Senior System Administrator
- Job Title
- Senior System Administrator
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Tysons Corner, VA
- Other Location
Senior Systems Administrator
The ideal candidate will be a versatile, senior systems administrator comfortable with administering RedHat and CentOS servers and laptops in a distributed environment that also includes MacBook Pro M1 Apple desktop environment. Physical location is Northern Virginia, Tysons Corner area but is currently 90% remote. Some travel required. Participate in on call rotation.
● CentOS System/Laptop and MacBook Pro M1 Implementation – Implement solutions. Create deployment program plans; deploy in a phased approach, and tune after deployment.
● Provide RedHat, CentOS and MacBook Pro M1 server and workstation support for the user community. This includes, server builds, workstation builds, updating build scripts and patch management
● Firewall Administration to include building and patching Juniper Enterprise solutions. Familiar with configure rules / tunnels / NATs / SNATs.
● Router / Switch management to include building, patching, and maintaining a Cisco / Dell switch environment.
● LDAP integration with a LINUX environment using 389 Directory server, including user and group management.
● DNS support to add/remove/modify DNS records and perform other DNS administration on Bind 9 on CentOS LINUX for SOC.
● Configuration management using Puppet to ensure that critical configuration files are pushed out to the correct systems and that these files remain in sync.
● Puppet scripting on an as needed basis to support configuration management.
● Monthly patch management through The Foreman via Katello/Pulp to include updating and syncing repos.
● Manage a comprehensive infrastructure monitoring system using Zabbix to improve operational status visibility and response time to incidents and outages.
● Maintain more than 300 LINUX servers, MySQL Database servers, and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) sensors for client organizations using Netflow for capacity and event management (SNMPv3).
● Perform regression testing and problem resolution. Scripted baseline configuration activities to support implementation.
● U.S. Citizen
● Current Secret Clearance or Eligibility to Obtain
● 7+ years, or equivalent education, experience in systems and network engineering, system administration, and IT operations, especially with Linux CentOS, Foreman, Puppet, Dell / Cisco Switches, Netflow and Zabbix
● Red Hat certification
● Cisco Certification
● Ability to work both with a team and independently in fast-paced, structured, and unstructured environments
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering