Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Cardiovascular Operating Room, Circulator Registered Nurse , FT Days
- Job Title
- Cardiovascular Operating Room, Circulator Registered Nurse , FT Days
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75237
- Other Location
Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse job, Full-Time Days, $15K Sign On Bonus, Methodist Charlton Hospital
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking an experienced Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse to join our Operating Room Team. This is for a Full-Time Days job opportunity (6:30 am -3:00 pm). Weekly On Call required.
The Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse renders highly professional and technical nursing care to assigned patients. Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). Directs and supervises other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards of care. The Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse must have at least 6 months of Cardiovascular Operating Room experience. On Call for heart surgery is required, however, it is a minimal occurrence and the call time is paid to the RN whether the shift is worked or not.
Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team and obtains instrumentation and supplies that are available for the procedure.
- Pass instruments to the surgeon and assistant during the procedure.
- Assists with terminal cleaning of room and preparation for the following case.
- Begins cleaning up the back table and preparing instruments for terminal cleaning and sterilization as the circulator prepares the patient to leave the room.
- Place instruments back in the tray for transport to SPD.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all policies and procedures such as count policy, universal protocol and labeling of medications, etc.
- Works with students and inexperienced staff on the correct method for passing and retrieving instruments during surgical procedures.
Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
- Current additional certifications as required by the department
- Current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
- Work experience: at least 6 months in the CVOR as a Circulating RN
*On-call is required for this position*
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion planned, our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open-heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children's services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve and welcomes the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Journey to Magnet Excellence® hospital
- Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist