Ruyle Mechanical Services Inc. provides comprehensive heating and cooling solutions for commercial and industrial entities across Illinois. As one of the leading mechanical service providers in the state, Ruyle continues to live up to its reputation of excellence by offering sensible energy solutions that consider environmental impact while maintaining a low operations budget.
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Peoria, IL 61603
- Other Location
Ruyle Mechanical Services, now a part of PremiStar, is a heating and cooling solutions company providing services to commercial and industrial entities across Illinois. As one of the leading mechanical service providers in the state, Ruyle continues to live up to its reputation of excellence by offering sensible energy solutions that consider environmental impact while maintaining a low operations budget. With over 75+ years in the HVAC/R industry, we have developed a long-standing reputation of superior quality in Illinois, and we boast the best technicians in the business! We are currently searching for a Controller for our business.The Controller manages the finance and accounting function for assigned business unit(s); providing information about company activities that will assist management in making educated economic decisions. This role is responsible for the branch’s monthly close process, the consolidation of financial reports for assigned entity(s) and ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are met.
Responsibilities include generating monthly financial statements, operational analysis, project milestone review & billing, depreciation, G/L, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, internal controls, payroll, and cash management. This position will report to the Corporate Controller with a dotted line to the location’s President.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly close process.
- Lead the financial consolidation of the applicable branch location (acquired company).
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external constituencies.
- Review, document, implement and communicate the enforcement of correct and appropriate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate with corporate and site stakeholders to implement identified internal control improvements, while driving continuous improvement in all areas that interact with accounting and business processes.
- Provide guidance, training and support for the site’s accounting personnel to ensure that reporting and compliance objectives are achieved while supporting talent development initiatives and performance.
- Driving improvements to financial and operational controls in the context of a project-based business utilizing percentage of completion (POC) accounting.
- Build-out the site’s accounting team as necessary to support growth.
- Support any additional, local acquisition and related integration activities while providing financial and strategic advice to Reedy management on these matters.
- Assist General Manager with operational analysis on branch financial performance.
- Assist in the annual budget process. Provide supporting documentation and guidance on the development of branch location annual budgets.
- Oversees all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Assure any local tax compliance matters are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in any system implementations or related enhancements.
- Respond to ad hoc needs with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Regular financial reporting to Corporate, as well as ad hoc requests.
- Manage annual audits of applicable branch location, serving as primary contact to Corporate and external auditors.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and a CPA License
- An MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years in accounting leadership roles, including demonstrated management experience leading a small accounting team.
- Public accounting or experience working in a private equity owned company preferred.
- Experience in a multi-project-based company, preferably in Construction, Engineering, or other project-based industry experience.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of percentage of completion accounting (POC required).
- Systems savvy with implementation experience and proficiency preferred
- Proficiency in G/L, business intelligence and reporting tools preferred
- MS Office suite proficiency required
- Financial Management
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective stakeholder partner who will leverage an understanding of the business to provide meaningful support,
- Drive a continuous improvement approach
- Strong communicator, who embraces change and operates effectively within a decentralized reporting environment that is undergoing change
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication
- Paid Medical/dental/eye (employee to pay %)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, increasing to 3 weeks after 5 years of employment
- Five (5) personal paid days per year
- Employer paid Life & Short Term Disability insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.