Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Medical Assistant - Family Medicine
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant - Family Medicine
- Job ID
- Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Other Location
Medical Assistants help patients by providing information, services and assistance. Other duties include securing medical records; maintaining medical supplies inventory; performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating, other duties deemed necessary by Management.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patient for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Completes procedure set up and assists providers with office procedures such as urodynamic, cystoscopy and vasectomies.
- Secure patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements and with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipts.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; call for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Services and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous medical office experience is necessary, but certification (CMA) is not required
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of two years experience.
- Proficient in taking vital signs, experienced in processing medication refill requests and lab orders in a clinical setting
- General medical understanding
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.