- Job Title
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Controller is responsible for managing the Accounting, Billing, and Financial reporting functions of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the practice's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the practice.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Implement conventional financial controls, checks and balances.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable revenue cycle projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the practice may enter.
- Engage qualified tax expertise to ensure optimal tax strategy and reporting.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership in financial management within a medical group involving financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
CPA and/or advance business or finance degree is preferred.