Power BI SME
- Job Title
- Power BI SME
- Job ID
- Fort Shafter, HI 96858
- Other Location
IMC is supporting the mission of the United States Army, Pacific’s Chief Data Officer and staff. The United States Army Chief Data Office is established as a critical part of the USARPAC Staff, and the Power BI Develop plays a critical role. As a Power BI Developer, you will collaborate with various staff elements to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable data-driven strategic decision-making.
Main duty is to convert data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards and reports utilizing Power BI. You will be responsible for Power BI development and administration, building data models and transforming data for Business Intelligence. You will also manage reports and dashboards through distribution of workspaces/apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access.
This role requires strong business analytics and the ability to collaborate directly with various teams to improve processes and enhance reporting capabilities in an ever-changing business environment. Strong technical skills combined with business acumen is mandatory to translate business requirements into sound BI solutions. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who offers solutions. The individual will need to manage multiple priorities and keep stakeholders informed on progress.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
· Manage the full lifecycle of Power BI development.
· Design & develop Power BI tabular models, reports & dashboards.
· Work with stakeholders (e.g., business, security, operations) to meet all requirements for successful implementation of reports & dashboards.
· Document design decisions, operational guidelines, and other similar types of information.
· Develop Power BI Datasets & Reports.
· Manage Power BI Access & Distribution (Workspaces, Apps).
· Deploy Power BI Artifacts.
· Create data visualization design.
· Manage Tabular model development and Power BI data visualization development.
· Convert business requirements into technical specifications and implement them through reports that support decision-making.
· Establish relationships between data and develop tabular and multi multidimensional data models.
· Create chart and data documents to explain algorithms, parameters, models, and relationships.
· Design, develop and test, utilizing Power BI scripts, through detailed analysis.
· Analyze the current ETL (Extraction Load and Transform) process, defining and designing new systems.
· Data warehouse development, working with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
· Redefine changes to improve existing business intelligence systems and design technically and strategically.
· Create customized diagrams and user-defined calculations as needed.
· Design, develop and deploy business intelligence solutions with SQL queries for best results, including the use of filters, and graphs to better understand the data at all levels for performance improvements and suggestions.
· Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) that have clear goals and consistently monitor them.
· Collaborate with users and team members at various levels for suggestions and improvement.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
· Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies or equivalent and 6+ years of technical experience.
· Experience in BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, SAP, etc.
· Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack.
· Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity.
· Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc.
· Practical experience with data processing, database programming and data analytics.
· Extensive background in data mining.
· Strong skillset in data querying and manipulation through use of languages such as SQL, Python, or M
· Experience with programming languages such as Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) and Power Query M.
· Experience creating technical standards and policies for senior level organizations.
· Ability to communicate proficiently (both verbally and in written form) to senior officials and others.
· Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
· Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
· All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field.
· Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs.
· Background in Machine Learning and SQL.
· Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface.
· Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions.