Skip to content
Cutter and Grinder Tool Technician
- Job Title
- Cutter and Grinder Tool Technician
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Carrollton, TX 75006
- Other Location
As one of the largest OEM and OES servicers in the country, Nationwide Auto Services, Inc. provides a varied mix of services. Performed by the extensively trained members or the NAS team, we can customize our systems to assist you most effectively.
NAS is committed to providing the highest level of CUSTOMER SATISFACTION by supporting an array of OEM and OES services to the automotive, manufacturing, and agricultural industries. Our Team Members are highly skilled and receive continuous training to ensure all areas of SAFETY, QUALITY, and PRODUCTIVITY meet/exceed company and customer expectations. NAS is a dynamic, adaptable, flexible, and diverse service provider that takes great PRIDE in placing our customer needs first and ensuring environmental initiatives are complied with wherever our EXPERTISE is required.
Join the Nationwide Auto Services team!
THIS IS A TRAVELING POSITION
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and operate various cutter and tool grinding machines to sharpen a wide variety of compound, multiple step, and special cutting tools for production work, and make special tools.
- Rough and finish grind (lap) cutters and tools, using appropriate kind and sizes of wheels in specified sequence, to maintain angles, clearance, finish, and size with minimum variation possible from specified, exact and precise dimensions required in processing of production parts.
- Sharpen boring bars, broaches, dies, hobs, cutters, reamers, taps, etc.
- Follow standard practice in selecting, checking, and mounting diamond, oxide, and silicon wheels in appropriate shapes and sizes.
- Grind cutters and tools with minimum variation possible from specified dimension to provide tools used to maintain production tolerances as close as .0001".
- Produce quality work that demonstrates pride of workmanship.
- Maintain your assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
- Perform other related or similar duties as required.
- Maintain all safety standards.