Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. (LTH) is a wholly owned and operated by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina. Headquartered in Pembroke, NC in the heart of the Lumbee Territory, LTH serves as a holding company with multiple subsidiaries that service diverse federal agencies. The current subsidiaries include:
Lumbee Tribe Enterprises, LLC (All Other Support Services NAICS: 561990; DUNS #968936380; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee IT Solutions, LLC (Engineering Services, NAICS: 541330; DUNS #117549596; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee 56 Construction, LLC (Commercial and Institutional Building Construction, NAICS: 236220; DUNS #117549603)
LTH exists to provide economic resources to the Lumbee Tribal Government for delivery to our Tribal Members. All employees of LTH and its subsidiaries are committed to providing world class service to its customers and partners while striving for excellence.
Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information, or mental or physical disability (and medical condition, for employees in California).
EMT - Paramedic
- Job Title
- EMT - Paramedic
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
EMT - Paramedic
Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
The EMT-Paramedic will support the U.S. Army Medical Command by following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the military treatment facilities (MTF), and IAW JC guidelines.
- Works independently, without direct supervision, under general guidance of established administrative policies, procedures, regulations and schedules
- Responsible for planning and coordinating medical support for high risk training, training operations, and operational missions
- Management of execution of rigorous medical training and education schedule
- Instruct Service Members on the following topics and other topics as directed: Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Basic Trauma Life Support up to Advanced Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals, and travel medicine
- Conducts medical planning and operation support for operational missions
- Plans, coordinates and executes joint high-risk medical training
- Develop and validate air and ground medical evacuation plans for evacuation from training site to local hospitals
- Perform Opposing Forces duties as needed during training exercises
- Performs a full range of clinical support at the aid stations and in the field when performing ambulance emergency or in-flight response, transfer, or transport services
- Evaluate and treat emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients ranging from infants to elderly
- Recognize medical emergencies and respond appropriately. Initiate appropriate emergency response as required
- Maintain accurate clinical records and receiving requests for consultations and laboratory work of specific patients
- Completes request forms, manually or automated, for individual patient orders for blood work, imaging, pharmaceuticals, consults and other requests as required
- Assist with provision medical services in a primary care outpatient care setting as required
- Provide Class VIII re-supply to deploying personnel as required
- Assist in administration of routine immunizations with supervision of medical provider
- Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries
- Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with unit guidelines
- When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings
- Provide relevant and timely information and assists with decision-making and process improvement
- Serve as preceptor for EMT-P preceptor programs as needed
- As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services
- Provide clerical or front desk/reception support as required
- Inventory and resupply of clinic medical supply and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
EMT-P, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- 10-years military or and/or emergency medical services experience; 5-years’ experience as a qualified Advanced Tactical Practitioner; Instructor/teacher experience, and management experience are required. Graduate of an accredited EMT-Paramedic certification program
- Possess a valid certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
- Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients.
- The Contract EMT-P shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65).
- Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for infant to geriatric patients.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable.
- The contracted EMT-P will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
Must be able to transport a patient on a litter and carry required equipment a minimum 100 meters in diverse environmental conditions. The selected candidate will be required to undergo a medical screening.
Security Clearance Requirements
This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance.
Travel within the National Capital Region on a weekly basis may be required for the provision of medical training and/or coverage of military training exercises. CONUS travel for periods of 4-8 weeks twice a year may be required to provide medical training or coverage for military training exercises. OCONUS travel may also be required for a 2-4 week period annually.
Benefits & Compensation
New employees are eligible to participate in the company’s benefits plan on their day of hire unless noted otherwise.
- Medical Insurance – 60% Employer Paid
- Vision & Dental Insurance, Long Term & Short-Term Disability, Group Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Savings Plan – 100% match for the first 3% contributed; 50% match up to 5% contributed (no vesting period) *Eligibility is the first of the month after your date of hire
- Paid holidays - Ten (10) per year
- Paid Time Off - One hundred-twenty (120) accrued hours per year
- Professional Development Program
- Salary will be determined based on the individual’s education and experience level
Lumbee Tribe Enterprises, LLC (LTE) is an 8(a) certified, Tribally-Owned and Operated government services provider, and subsidiary of Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. (LTH), which is wholly-owned by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina. We are a Native American, 8(a), Disadvantaged Small Business with a primary NAICS code of 541611. Our reputation for excellence is built on providing defined and repeatable support and services to agencies across the U.S. Government.
To learn more about LTE visit our website: https://www.ltellc.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status