Phlebotomist I, Per Diem
- Job Title
- Phlebotomist I, Per Diem
- Job ID
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- Other Location
Phlebotomist I (Per Diem), Laboratory
MyMichigan Medical Center-Sault (formerly know as War Memorial) located in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan is hiring a (Per Diem) Phlebotomist I for the Laboratory department.
Striving to serve the needs of our region for more than 100 years, MyMichigan Medical Center-Sault is loyal to the community and region and will continue to strive for excellence in healthcare.
Phlebotomist I Job Requirements:
· High school education or equivalent required.
· Previous laboratory experience is preferred.
· Phlebotomy certification preferred within two years from date of hire.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 coding preferred.
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
Phlebotomist I Responsibilities:
· Responsible for drawing and collecting various blood, throat, and urine specimens from patients of all age groups.
· Provide proper instructions and paperwork needed for at home collections to the patient.
· Cross-trained to fill in for drawing station phlebotomists or lab clerk as needed.
· Record daily temperatures and FyRite readings; perform daily QC on glucose meters; document in appropriate logbooks and report all out of range results to supervisors/technologists..
· Stock and clean drawing area and phlebotomy carts. Order general supplies needed for operation of the drawing station.
· Collect information concerning patient/specimen information.
· Participate in Quality Assessment and Improvement (QA/I) activities in conjunction with the Hospital's QA/I plan, goals, and objectives.
· Performs all other duties as established by the Laboratory Director.
MyMichigan Medical Center-Sault believes in purpose, worthwhile work and making a difference in our great community. Apply today for the Phlebotomist I position and join us on our Journey to Excellence!
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at MyMichigan Medical Center-Sault will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. MyMichigan Medical Center-Sault does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
- Required Skills
• High school education or equivalent required.
• Phlebotomy certification preferred within two years from date of hire.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 coding preferred.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
Option 2: Create a New Profile