Dental Office Specialist
- Job Title
- Dental Office Specialist
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Office Specialist is responsible for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, and cashiering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Reminding patients of upcoming appointments and tracking missed appointments.
- Answering multiple telephones and accurately documenting messages.
- Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls.
- Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration.
- Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics, routing appropriate patients to financial counselor for screening and qualification for Sliding Fee Discount or other programs.
- Checking-out patients and properly documenting follow-up appointments.
- Copying and faxing duties.
- Collecting co-pays and cash from patients.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a dental office preferred.