Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Family Medicine)
- Job Title
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Family Medicine)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, TX 77320
- Other Location
Lone Star Family Health Center in Huntsville is looking for a Family Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to maintain and promote the health of the patient that is requiring care.
Permanent position with 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. work schedule. Compensation and benefit package includes competitive wages, 100% paid malpractice insurance, medical, dental, life and disability, 401K with 6% employer match, and CME allowance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive health assessments (initial and ongoing), screening, develops plan of care, and evaluates outcomes on patient population.
- Initiates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems which lie within the nurse specialist’s scope of practice by using a systematic approach to history and physical appraisal of patients and/or families through clinical judgment of evaluated data. Prescribes, coordinates, delegates and evaluates care.
- Prescribes medications listed in the approved institutional formulary as a function delegated by the physician consultant(s) to the practice.
- Monitors patients with stabilized long term or chronic illness and aids and supports individuals and their families during the dying process.
- Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
- Instructs individual and/or families or groups about health or defined health problems.
Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board.
At least two (2) years’ of outpatient experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.