Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Physician Assistant - Urology
- Job Title
- Physician Assistant - Urology
- Job ID
- Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Other Location
The Physician Assistant, in partnership with physicians and the oncology team, assists in the medical management of oncology patients. The PA will work closely with the physician and nursing staff in developing and coordinating a plan of treatment designed to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of patients and their families. The PA is a member of an interdisciplinary care team that requires effective communication with co workers in addition to other institutions and agencies. The role requires critical thinking, an understanding of oncology principles and practices and leadership that improves the quality of care and advances medical care within the work setting and throughout the community.
- Perform complete physical exams; obtain complete medical history and record findings.
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administer medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Perform procedures as directed by physician and/or as directed by written agreement.
- Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
- Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention.
- Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
- Provide continuity of patient care with other health care professionals.
- Document patient information and care provided in patient record and maintain statistics.
- Initiate or complete administrative tasks and acquire all necessary information, instructions, and materials as required.
- Participate in activities that contribute to education and research.
- Maintain hospital privileges; assist with hospital rounds.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Studies program
- NCCPA board certified
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in practicing state.
- Current DEA controlled substance licenses.
- Complete 100 hours of CME according to the national regulations during each 2 year period of employment.
- Minimum of one year practicing as a Physician Assistant within the past 2 years.
- Prior oncology experience.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.