Server, Senior Community, Free Employee lunch, starting pay $14 per hour
- Job Title
- Server, Senior Community, Free Employee lunch, starting pay $14 per hour
- Job ID
- Arlington, TX 76014
- Other Location
**Serious applicants only need apply!!
Emerson Senior Living, located in Arlington, Texas, hosts residents and guests at our Restaurants daily. We are seeking a hard-working, dedicated, compassionate, and experienced Restaurant Server to work alongside a great team to provide exceptional, four-star dining experiences for every guest who dines in our Restaurant.
SUMMARY: The Server provides exceptional service to residents in a timely, courteous, engaged, and efficient manner with a sincerely pleasant and professional demeanor. He or she performs a variety of duties related to the Restaurant’s successful operations, including greeting residents, taking drink and multi-course orders, assuring restaurant cleanliness, and meeting high resident and guest satisfaction expectations. The Server is expected to anticipate residents’ and guests’ needs and accommodate their requests to the best of the restaurant’s ability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works and communicates effectively with front- and back-of-house teams to meet all guests’ needs
- Greets customers warmly and professionally
- Is responsive to needs and desires and accommodates requests quickly
- Stays current regarding the menu, special options, and the kitchen’s capabilities
- Is willing and able to work as a team, supporting other team members
- Reviews menu options with guests, shares specials, and is comfortable making recommendations based on food preferences and allergies
- Takes food and beverage orders and facilitates accuracy in fulfilling and expediting orders
- Provides attentive service to customers
- Promptly address customer service issues and involves the Chef when necessary
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ year of server experience in a fast-paced, mid- to high-end restaurant, preferred
- A passion for mission-oriented work including serving senior clientele
- Patience, reliability, and strong work ethic
- Food handler’s certification*
*Not required, but preferred. Can be acquired/brought current upon hired.
Other skills required:
Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
Able to work in a fast-paced kitchen/restaurant environment with a team.
Monday to Friday