Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long Term Care Unit (LTC), Night Shift, Full Time
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long Term Care Unit (LTC), Night Shift, Full Time
- Job ID
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- Other Location
AFSCME HOURLY VACANCY
LPN - LTC POSITION
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse; the LPN assists with nursing care for patients of all ages. Participates in patient/resident and family teaching and works in cooperation with ancillary nursing staff to maintain the standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
1. Currently licensed by the Board of Licensing and Regulation in the State of
Michigan, and provide documentation of same.
A. Most senior employee who is currently working in position posted.
B. Most senior employee with one year of experience in department of position posted.
C. Most qualified senior employee.
2. CPR, Accucheck proficiency and ability to maintain annual competency in medication administration.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients/residents weighing up to 350 lbs. in wheelchairs or carts. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of an assigned shift. Able to bend, stoop and squat as required to reach lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient/resident lines etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies and adjust IV's.
3. Has necessary hand/eye coordination and hand steadiness to administer injections and perform patient/resident assessments.
4. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
5. Clear speech, reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients/residents and co-workers.
6. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients/residents, call lights, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients/residents, monitor equipment, etc.
7. Able to remember multiple messages, information and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
WORK SCHEDULE: 0.9 FTE; VARIABLE SHIFTS & DAYS; 00/40 overtime rule
- Required Skills
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
Currently licensed as an LPN.
Maintain annual competency in medical administration.
Option 2: Create a New Profile