Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Patient Care Specialist - Family Medicine
- Job Title
- Patient Care Specialist - Family Medicine
- Job ID
- Fairbanks, AK 99701
- Other Location
Job Purpose: The Patient Care Specialist is the first point of contact for patients, and family members at our centers.
- Welcomes and warmly greets all patients and visitors, in person and over the phone
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including appropriate forms, personal and financial information
- Obtaining insurance cards, demographic information and copays
- Helps to facilitate patient flow in the office
- Insurance Verifications and authorization submissions
- Manages medical record transmissions
- Patient scheduling and follow up
- Ability to multitask
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional customer service etiquette
- One year of medical office experience preferred
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.