VP of Plant Operations
- Job Title
- VP of Plant Operations
- Job ID
We are looking for a VP of Plant Operations who is highly motivated to help build a fast growing food company in northern NJ. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership experience and the desire to build and grow a team and scale up the operation over the next several years. The VP of Plant Operations will report directly to the CEO and will also be responsible for the strategic long-term operations, working closely with the executive team to drive growth across the organization.
Location: North New Jersey
- Management and facilitation of brand packaging, inclusive of new products and updates to current products.
- Directs & coordinates all production activities within the plant
- Manages the manufacturing/production department to maintain and drive the strategic vision of the company
- Overseeing production planning & scheduling, handles day to day operations while overseeing the weekly production run
- Ensures plant products are completed on schedule and within Safety & Quality Food Regulatory Standards and Compliance. As well as plant safety, & audits
- Oversees supply chain team working with suppliers & vendors to order raw materials & manage raw material supply chain including cost reduction, quality & improvement
- Responsible for overseeing coordination with operations to ensure production & distribution of products is consistent in quality and efficiency
- Help to lead efforts to increase production capacity & efficiency and ensure the quality of finished products
- Oversee the development of projects in conjunction with the customers, sales, and technical requirements by managing development from concept to launch and ensuring customer expectations are met
- Manage and work with the quality team to contribute to quality management system by creating, implementing, and maintaining operational procedures
- Ensure adequate resources and trainings for effective & efficient running of business
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a plant management role within a dairy manufacturing facility preferred
- Must have experience dealing with facility budgets & cost control.
- Previous experience leading 50+ employees from all different functions in the plant.
- Excellent in maintaining employee retention, attracting talent, and developing the organization
- Ability to plan, prioritize & organize work while effectively handling multiple projects at one time with track record of successfully completing them is required
- Must have strong decision-making skills & ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Needs to have strong computer skills & excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment background, drug, and criminal screens