Step 4 Security Controls Assessor - Audit Team/NOC/CPT Lead
- Job Title
- Step 4 Security Controls Assessor - Audit Team/NOC/CPT Lead
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
Iron Vine Security is a rapidly growing information security and information technology company in Washington, DC. We are looking to hire a Security Controls Assessor to support a full range of cyber security services on a long-term contract in Washington DC. The position is full time/permanent and will support a US Government civilian agency. The position is available immediately upon finding a qualified candidate with the appropriate background clearance.
· One (1) year direct or related experience with coordination and collaboration with Federal (GAO and OIG) auditors during assessments, and during the POA&M remediation processes.
· Three (3) years’ experience performing security control assessment.
· Experience in planning assessments and be a senior member in a team of security control assessors
· Contingency Plan Development and Testing experience
· Experience in presenting control requirements and deficiencies to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience performing detailed, full-scope technical security control testing for each of the component types, including development of security and privacy assessment plans is required.
· Ability to analyze information system configurations and technical specifications against NIST SP 800-53 and other overlays
· Possesses a strong understanding of the NIST Special Publication 800-53 security and privacy controls, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and other information security and privacy laws and regulations.
· Experience with development and writing of risk-based documentation.
· Experience with Step 4 of RMF process- Assessing Security Controls
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong communication ability across all levels of management.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science’s, MIS/IT, Engineering, Information Security/IA, or related discipline to work requirement
· One of the following certifications preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), or Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
Must have an active Secret Clearance
Additional Experience Preferred:
· Two (2) years of experience with the use of eGRC tools in Federal environment
· Five (5) years experience directly related to security control evaluation and compliance with Federal RMF requirements.
· Experience performing Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities, including risk assessments, Security Plans, Security Controls Assessments (SCA), Authorization document development and/or review.
· Knowledge of current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities.
· Experience with cloud technology offerings from AWS and Azure and assessing systems hosted within those environments
· Experience performing assessment in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the Department of State.
· Review and update existing information security policy, standards, and procedures based on federal and departmental regulations.
· Perform independent security and privacy control assessments in support of Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A).
· Conduct assessments of existing and new FISMA systems, including subsystems in the respective system boundary, and communicate the results and potential implications of identified control weaknesses.
· Reviews and analyze, Assessment & Authorization (A&A) packages to include System Security Plans (SSP), Risk Assessments, Information System Contingency Plans (ISCP), Back-up Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Incident Response Plans (IRP), Configuration Management Plans, (CMP), Hardware/Software lists, Network Diagrams, Data Flows, System Change Requests/Proposals, Vulnerability scan reports, test reports, and Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms) for completeness, accuracy, and document effectiveness of controls, plans and procedures implementation.
· Create and maintain test cases for security assessment testing and perform security testing at the control-requirement level for each unique component of each system (e.g., application, web application server, financial systems, database server/instance, operating systems, specialized appliances, network and infrastructure devices, and end-user devices (e.g., mobile phones, laptops, etc.).
· Develop and execute a security and privacy assessment plan in accordance with NIST SP 800-53A, as amended, requirements, for each security assessment project. SA&A activities shall include support for RMF steps 4-6
· Document and provide findings and recommendations that are concise, system-specific, and actionable.
· Analyze security tool reports and determine residual risk or false positives from technical reports and artifacts before assigning findings.