Field Technician II (Natural Gas)
- Job Title
- Field Technician II (Natural Gas)
- Job ID
- DFW, TX 76001
- Other Location
The Field Technician II will be responsible for handling emergency leak calls. Perform natural gas line locates. Handling meter turn ons and turn offs. Works with customer service to communicate meter turn ons and offs, and residential and commercial meter installations.
- Must maintain all Field Technician I “Operator Qualification Certifications” and have obtained all Field Technician II OQ Certs.
- Handle all leak calls and troubleshoot where the leak is coming from and come to a resolution.
- Installs, monitor, and maintain gas meter sets in new residential developments.
- Install light commercial meter sets. (AL1000 and under)
- Will handle pressure upgrades for the installation of new equipment like pools, hot tubs, or water heaters.
- Works in conjunction with the Field Service team to coordinate daily activities and to ensure that gas service is uninterrupted.
- Inspect and certify contractor work in accordance with industry and Rail Road Commission (RRC) standards.
- Perform patrols for pipeline surveys.
- Perform installation and programming of Automated Meter Reader (AMR)
- Assist in the process of training Field Technician I.
- May assist a Field Technician III in performing some of the duties that require multiple technicians.
- Rotating schedule of “On-Call Duty” and the ability to perform the duties of On-Call Duty as outlined in the On-Call Policy.
- Must obtain all Field Technician II “Operator Qualification Certifications” through Energy World Net.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to five years of related experience.
- Understanding of local codes and regulations.
- Related experience in a field operations environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Base pay + Bonus
- Company Truck
- Great benefits (United Healthcare)
- Generous PTO Policy
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401k plan with 4% match
Centric Services, Inc. formerly known as Texas Gas Utility Services, Inc. is a privately-held growth entity focused on bringing critical natural gas infrastructure to developing markets across Texas. The Company is currently focused on rapidly expanding the availability of safe, reliable, and affordable natural gas services to residential and commercial customers.