Mechanical Service Inc specializes in commercial and industrial HVAC, plumbing, and piping. We are locally owned and operated and employing only trained, certified, and licensed technicians who understand the value of their hard work. We are dedicated to providing quality service and customer satisfaction.
HVAC / Refrigeration Technician
- Job Title
- HVAC / Refrigeration Technician
- Job ID
- Iowa City, IA 52240
- Other Location
Mechanical Service Inc. specializes in commercial and industrial HVAC, plumbing, and piping. We are locally owned and operated and employing only trained, certified, and licensed technicians who understand the value of their hard work. We are dedicated to providing quality service and customer satisfaction. We are currently searching for high performing HVAC / Refrigeration Technicians to join our growing team!
The HVAC Technician will install, and maintain heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and boiler systems. May also include troubleshooting & repair of commercial refrigeration equipment including walk-in coolers, walk-in freezers, & ice machines. HVAC Technicians perform tests and analysis of data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations to customers as appropriate.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot condition of operating equipment and controls to ensure continued safe operation and life cycle performance
- Perform routine repairs to pump seals, bearing, etc.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions
- Determine customer concerns with their current HVAC and boiler systems
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with customers to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system
- Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, lubricate parts, or changing filters
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Connect pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Assemble, position and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints
- Study blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of documentable HVAC level operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Must have or obtain State of Iowa Mechanical & Plumbing Systems License
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including background & MVR check)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.