- Job Title
- Data Strategist
- Job ID
- Andrews Airforce Base, MD 20762
- Other Location
The Data Strategist will coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams to create and enhance a strategic plan to manage data policies, procedures, governance (rules, standardizations, etc.) for the United States Air Force Chief Data Office.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
· Design and launch an Air Force wide data strategy with clear strategic direction and the infrastructure to support and manage the program.
· Participate in planning, needs analysis and risk assessment; consult with the customer on how to best support their data use through the effective use of technology.
· Develop the strategy for the organization's data architecture strategy including the database design and structure, data integrity and database tools.
· Support the stand up or advancement of key data efforts, including Data Governance and Master Data.
· Work as part of a broader team of government and contract staff.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or business-related field.
· 5+ years of experience identifying area where data can be used to improve business activities and making recommendations for standardization and proper data usage based off data analysis.
· 5+ years of experience developing approaches and frameworks for broad data strategy initiatives, including data governance, master data management, data quality etc.
· 4+ years’ experience establishing key initiatives for a federal data strategy (ex: data governance model, data quality program, etc.)
· 5+ years’ experience scaling data management and analytics capabilities within an organization.
· High motivation to provide decision-quality information and recommendations to senior leaders.
· Ability to work with and communicate effectively across multi-functional teams.
· Strong quantitative and analytic abilities and critical thinking to integrate and analyze data.
· Experience briefing executive level officials.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write and edit a variety of general business correspondence, management reports, technical presentations, and position papers.
· Familiarity with funding appropriation codes, technology readiness levels, and military operations.
· Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
· Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
· All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
· Strong analytical skills, ability to identify relationships between various datasets to enable stronger reporting capabilities.
· 7-9 years’ Experience with Strategic Planning, Change Management, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
· Experience establishing and implementing data strategy for DoD.
· Experience in data modeling and architecture development.
· Strong stakeholder management capabilities with key focus on delivery and client orientation.
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· In depth experience with the Air Force organizational structure.
· Experience with Air Force missions and operations is highly desired.