LINUX/VMWare System Administrator
- Job Title
- LINUX/VMWare System Administrator
- Job ID
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Other Location
The Radar System Lab and Control Room System Administrator position is an engineering and scientific person whose duties and responsibilities require applications of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices, while developing new or improved techniques and procedures. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Employee contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects with frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Who you are:
- You have solid time management skills and personal judgement.
- You possess above average attention to detail and organizational skills.
- You openly accept constructive criticism and adapt with positive results.
- You are an exceptional problem solver.
- You excel in developing and maintaining a positive team cohesiveness.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate and relay technical information to diverse audiences clearly and concisely in written, oral and presentation formats.
- You balance working independently with working with your team, customers, and vendors to achieve desired results.
- You have high standards for dependability including being to work on time.
- You understand and follow the company’s rules and procedures.
- Work as an Employee and representative of the company at Client site under direct Client supervision.
- Gather requirements and translate those into solutions for Client.
- Create new ESXi and vSphere environments.
- Integrate with vSan for hyperconverged storage.
- Document processes, installation, and sustainment practices.
- Integrate RHEL8 virtual machines.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resource.
What you’ll bring:
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (with BS/BA) or 3 years’ experience (with MS/MA) in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Have in hand or have the ability to obtain Comp TIA Security+.
- Linux OS experience.
- VMware software stack experience.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
- Experience with VMware’s vSAN and Tanzu is desirable.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (7 or 8) is desirable.
- Experience with STIGing VMware instances is desirable.
- Experience or familiarity with US Government contract work
- Intense knowledge of IT industry is highly desirable.
- Experience with IT Data Center infrastructure storage, backup, archiving, and business continuance.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Proficient and able to apply knowledge/experience in most of the following areas: Unix, Windows Server, familiarity with commercial cloud solutions, knowledge of virtualization software (VMWare ESX, CentOS KVM), HA configurations, TCP/IP Networking, network switches/routers and cyber security.
This position will be based in Colorado Springs, CO