Sr. Linux Admin
- Job Title
- Sr. Linux Admin
- Job ID
- Dalghren, VA 22448
- Other Location
The senior Linux systems administrator will support IT services systems administration tasks for the Joint Warfare Analysis Center (JWAC). JWAC provides combatant commands, the Joint Staff, and other customers with effects-based analysis and precision targeting options for selected networks and nodes in order to carry out the national security and military strategies of the United States during peace, crisis, and war. The Windows systems administration senior will be located on Naval Support Activity – South Potomac (NSA-SP) in Dahlgren, Virginia.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Use detailed understanding of Windows and Linux systems to perform systems administration and operation of JWAC networks and systems.
● Operate, administer, and upgrade computer systems, devices, and software to include configuration, provisioning for use, integration with storage and networking, load balancing and optimization, patching, software installation, updating, backup, restoration, and electronic and manual data transfer.
● Deploy software which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of software applications.
● Deploy security patches which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of security patches.
● Provide certificate management services.
● Provision and deliver computer systems and services.
● Maintain computer systems in a fully operational state through monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, and performing repair and restoration activities to a compliant operational state.
● Perform periodic reporting of system status to include uptime, incidents, problems, and open issues, etc.
● Provide input for, and maintain, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide documentation of service workflows, system configurations, and routine tasks.
● Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high-impact assignments. Plan and leads major technology assignments.
● Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
● Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
· 5-9 years in Linux Server Administration in a DevSecOps environment, maintaining system configurations in Microsoft Desired State Configurations, developing workflows in Cloudbolt, and scripting at an intermediate or advance level in Python.
· At start date must possess an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification in ACTIVE status:
o Security+ CE
o CCNA Security
o CySA+ (formerly CSA+)
· Be able to obtain network, server, and workstation administration rights on JWAC networks.
· Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
· Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
· All applicants must have current DoD TS/SCI clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
· Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
· Former DoD experience as military, government, or contractor.
· 10+ years in Windows Server Administration in a DevSecOps environment, maintaining system configurations in Microsoft Desired State Configurations, developing workflows in Cloudbolt, and scripting at an intermediate or advance level in Python.
· IAT Level III certification (i.e., CISSP).