Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Dept. (ER) - Days - Full Time
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Dept. (ER) - Days - Full Time
- Job ID
- Fayetteville, NC
- Other Location
***20,000 Retention Bonus for Experienced Nurses***
***NEW RELOCATION ALLOWANCE***
JOB SUMMARY: Plans and implements professional nursing care for patients in accordance with hospital policies. Assumes charge nurse responsibilities as assigned.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Assesses the patient and identifies patient care needs.
2. Uses patient assessment information to organize appropriate patient care.
3. Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates patient care.
4. Facilitates a safe environment.
5. Maintains required competencies.
6. Functions as charge nurse as assigned.
7. Maintains an accurate and relevant record of patient care.
8. Administers medication as ordered by physician.
9. Recognizes life threatening situations and responds appropriately.
10. Establishes collaborative interdisciplinary relationships with other Health System staff and medical staff.
11. Monitors the quality of care based on pre-established outcome oriented indicators.
12. Actively participates in cost containment and assists in accurate charging for patient services.
13. Adjusts care based upon age-specific physiological and psychosocial needs of patients.
14. Supports patients in the practice of their cultural and spiritual beliefs within limits of medical regimen.
The following qualifications, or equivalents, are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
Education and Formal Training:
Current licensure in North Carolina as a Registered Nurse or Compact state licensure.
BLS Certification (American Heart Association)
ACLS (American Heart Association)
Work Experience: 1 year of Hospital Experience REQUIRED
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required: Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills. Verbal and written skills required. Demonstrates effective organizational and leadership skills. Is knowledgeable of the age specific physiological, psychosocial, developmental and spiritual needs of the patients typically served.
Physical Requirements: Speech and auditory acuity for communication of patient needs. Visual acuity for observation of patients. Much standing, walking, bending and lifting. Position may involve skin, eye, mucous membrane, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious material.
- Required Skills
-Active North Carolina Registered Nursing License or Compact License
-BLS Certification (American Heart Association)
-ACLS (American Heart Association)
-1 year Hospital Experience REQUIRED