Senior Cloud Architect (MS Azure) Silver Spring, MD (Remote)
- Job Title
- Senior Cloud Architect (MS Azure) Silver Spring, MD (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Silver Spring, MD
- Other Location
Summary of Major Job Functions: The Senior Level (MS Azure) Cloud Architect position will perform Cloud architecture, engineering, administration, monitoring and managing large-scale development production environments primarily, but not exclusively in MS Azure platform.
Primary Responsibilities: The Senior Level Cloud Architect, duties include:
- Engineer, administer, monitor and managing large-scale development and production environments in Cloud (MS Azure) . Deploy, manage and maintain Linux operating environments, including containerization.
- Document and implement automated procedures for deployments, multiple versions of services, configuration, startup, and shutdown procedures of services, tools, application servers.
- Work with federal staff both IT and scientific, as well as security personnel on configuration baselines and release management to document, enhance, and improve on application operational procedures and processes.
- Apply and troubleshoot Kubernetes at an enterprise level.
Required Skills & Qualifications: In addition to 4 or more years’ experience directly in the Primary responsibilities defined above, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Linux Systems Admin or DevOps Engineering background, with experience in real world deployment to a MS Azure cloud platform (AWS experience is also preferred).
- Have 5+ years of practical experience deploying, managing and maintaining Linux operating environments.
- 2+ years of experience in containerization.
- Have K8 component and larger cluster administration experience.
- 2+ years solid experience applying and troubleshooting Kubernetes.
- Candidates must be able to pass a US Public Trust background check for badging and to access client systems.
Education/Experience: BS/BA in Computer Science or related field, MS is preferred.
Certifications (Required): Cloud Architect or DevOps Certification is preferred but 2 additional years of Cloud relevant experience (totaling 7 or more) can be substituted.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems. You must have lived in the US for the past three (3) years
- As a Federal Contractor, employees may be required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History