Construction Project Manager
- Job Title
- Construction Project Manager
- Job ID
- Oak Brook, IL 60181
- Other Location
Hiffman National is an award-winning USA Top Workplace, and it’s because we seek out and hire bright, fun, and motivated people – perhaps someone just like you! Accountability, Collaboration, Innovation, and Integrity form the cornerstones of our management style, which has rewarded us not only with a decade of top workplace awards but also allowed us to hire and grow team members that support the trajectory of the company. It is because of our people that we are now one of the largest privately-owned commercial real estate services companies in the country. Hiffman now supports over 250 employees and their families in 28 states, delivering best-in-class transaction and property management services to a renowned list of tenants and property owners.
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager ready to take the next step in their career and eager to grow as a part of our national expansion. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, be eager to work as a team player, and be excited to support construction projects in our ever-growing Project Services Portfolio.
If you are someone who just doesn’t give up easily, has strong analytical abilities, and can perform well under pressure by adapting to provide alternative solutions and outcomes, we would love to hear from you!
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, RFPs, project charters, surveys, and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders and assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- 30-40% Travel required.
- Minimum 5-8 years of related experience and/or training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including but not limited to strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers while effectively presenting information to clients and management.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles, including estimation, percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Suite
- Procore and AutoCAD experience preferred