- Job Title
- Surveyor (RPLS)
- Job ID
- MAGNOLIA, TX 77354
- Other Location
Centric Services, Inc. is a privately-held growth entity focused on bringing critical natural gas infrastructure to developing markets across Texas. The Company is currently focused on rapidly expanding the availability of safe, reliable, and affordable natural gas and fiber optic telecommunication services to residential and commercial customers.
The Surveyor will perform land boundary surveys, delineating routes, areas, and sites for company purchases or studies. These surveys involve the analysis of record information and collected field data with the application of special knowledge of mathematics, mapping, abstracting and related elements of law.
- Provide project management for all Centric projects and work orders with minimal supervision from senior staff.
- Manage work priorities and deadlines for the completion of concurrent work orders.
- Support and direct all field activities including the technical training of the Rod Techs and Survey Techs by actively contributing to the development of field staff.
- Support field crew members and office staff in the compliance and implementation of department’s business and technical process.
- Support management in ensuring compliance of office and field staff with safety practices and procedures.
- Assist in the technical supervision of production staff and preparation of deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations on projects, business initiatives and process improvements.
- Evaluate, reports, and presents on surveying/Geomatics related technical matters relevant to the company.
- Plan, conduct schedules, and coordinate detailed phases of the surveying project of moderate scope as a whole or in part of a major project.
- Has proficient understanding of property rights, land rights acquisition and property transactions.
- Analyze collected data and calculates property and easement information.
- Review, approves, and certifies deliverables prepared by Survey Technicians and Associate Surveyors.
- Prepare and certifies final maps, sketches, documents, and field notes.
- Interpret deeds, maps, field notes easement documents and/or prepare working sketches needed to perform a boundary survey or construction layout.
- Research property records, historical maps & documents, GIS databases and other sources of information to prepare background information for field work and work order execution.
- Consult and supports management on technical matters related to surveying & right-of-way.
- Consult with service area manager, service consultants, developers, surveyors, engineers, attorneys, and customers to resolve land and easement related issues.
- Coordinate and communicates with survey & right-of-way team members to deliver and complete assigned work.
- Ensure that all project documentation and close out requirements are handled in compliance with NetSuite process guidelines.
- Perform work that involves conventional surveying techniques but may also include a variation of complex features.
- High School Diploma
- 6-8 years of related experience
- RPLS of Texas (License must be current with the state of Texas) – must be able to seal professional surveying documents.
- Must be willing to work outdoors
- Must have experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience in boundary analysis, topographic surveying, field note preparation, construction staking, project management, client relations, personnel management, and business development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Competitive Base pay + Bonus
- Great benefits (United Healthcare)
- Generous PTO Policy
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401k plan with 4% match