IT Project Manager - REMOTE
- Job Title
- IT Project Manager - REMOTE
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- CHANTILLY, VA 20151-3814
- Other Location
IT Project Manager- (100% Remote)
- Chantilly, VA, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe successful candidate will use their enthusiasm and strong leadership skills to manage an array of complex IT projects. Some high-level duties include:
Provide management support under the direction of the program manager or project director. Must be familiar with the task order scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Oversee the completion of project tasks and monitor adherence to perpetual project management process standards. Follows up on open items and track issues.
Apply knowledge of the best practices for project administration to their key duties, including resource allocation, task planning and progress reporting.
Oversees various tasks of a highly complex nature. Responsible for assembling the task team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure the timely completion of the task’s milestones and final acceptance.
Monitors each assigned task, implements and assures adherence to task level quality and methodology standards, and keeps the Program Manager abreast of all problems and accomplishments. Anticipates problems and works to mitigate the anticipated problems.
As a task leader, provides technical direction for the complete task effort. Coordinates with the Program Manager to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding all assigned tasks.
Reports in writing and orally to company and client representatives. May serve as a technical authority for a particular task area. As a staff specialist or consultant, resolves unique and unyielding systems problems using new technology.
Can complete tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints. Interacts with client management personnel. Expertise in cost management including use of Earned Value Management (EVM), developing work breakdown structures, and developing plans using MS Project. Advanced proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, self-directed. Ability to multi-task and solve problems innovatively.
QUALIFICATIONSMust be a US Citizen.
3-5 years of progressive experience managing average-scale initiatives in an engineering or technology environment; 5-7 years of project management experience.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment, work across organizational departments and instill confidence with the client through work quality, time management & organizational skills and responsiveness.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels.
- Strong leadership skills, including a track record of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in Agile project management.
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management to deliver enterprise-level projects.
- Experience mentoring and teaching others around work plan development, progress tracking, time tracking, status reporting, and risk management.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
· Current FDIC Public Trust highly preferred, other federal agency Public Trust desired