Help Desk Technician IV
- Job Title
- Help Desk Technician IV
- Job ID
- Falls Church, VA
- Other Location
Network Administrator / Service Desk: Provide Tier II IT operations control support using ITSM ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or ServiceNow in the form of systems and as a technical generalist that resolves incidents and requests independent of further escalation to dedicated technology SME’s. Provides Help Desk ticket escalation support to the Army and DISA for all DODIN-A(NG) and DODIN-A(NG)-S issues above or outside the direct O&M of the RCC-NG, including mobile device support. Independently provides advanced level technical interpretation and solutions in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
· Shift for this position is Saturday – Wednesday, 11:00pm to 8:00am.
Duties / Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
· Provide Tier II help desk and IT operations support using BCM Remedy or Service Now.
· Trouble shoot system hardware and software-specific issues using Cisco, Palo Alto, and Microsoft tool sets; escalate as necessary.
· Analyzes, tests, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as LAN, WAN, and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
· Perform maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Tier II incidents to include: system inquiries, requests, incidents, software installation, printer support, hardware support (desktop, laptop, peripheral).
· Support numerous hardware configurations and platforms including Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Copiers, Video Conferencing Units, and Smart Boards.
· Perform in-person customer service and phone support service to the end-user community.
· Perform trouble ticket action to include updates with quality notes, customer communication, and resolution within established service level agreements.
· Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
· Prepare accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides.
· Document, maintain, and store specific information, including as-built diagrams and SOPs/Job Aides.
· Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround.
· Maintain a professional and pleasant manner using proper customer service skills via (telephone and/or email).
· Operate a 24x7x365 Service Desk.
· Support a fast paced and ITIL transitional environment.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
· Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
· Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
· Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
· Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
· Build credibility and trust with customers.
· Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
· Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
· Bachelor degree from an accredited institution, in a related field.
· At start date must meet the DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access.
· 4+ Years of relevant IT experience including hand-on service desk / Tier II support.
· Experience using Cisco, Palo Alto, and Microsoft tool sets.
· The equipment used in this position includes but is not limited to, computers, servers, and network devices.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
· Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
· Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
· All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
· HDI Certification.
· Possess an active CompTIA Network+ certification or other Network Certifications.
· Possess an active MSCE certification.