- Job Title
- Referrals Coordinator
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Referral Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative and technical support of the clinic professional staff.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls for referral/authorization requests.
- Enter the authorization data into the system as received from the provider and assigning the authorization number for tracking purposes.
- Coordinate the information transfer between Lone Star providers and patient’s health plans as it relates to eligibility and benefit coverage via telephone, electronic, or fax communications.
- Participate in an ongoing education program for facilitating the referrals/authorizations process with both internal and external clients.
- Work with providers to meet payors’ documentation requirements for covered services
- Determine patient’s financial responsibility for ancillary and contracted services and facilitating the processing and ordering of durable medical equipment, home health, prosthetics/orthotics, and ambulance services.
- Obtain information regarding member/patient and provider concerns and referring to the appropriate party.
- Assist with patient scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Compile and condense technical and statistical data for reports and records.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
High School graduate (or GED).
Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a healthcare setting.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-10 Codes/CPT preferred.