Monroe Mechanical was formed in 1954 by Bill Housh from a sincere mission to satisfy customers and serve the community. Over 48 years, three generations of the Housh family oversaw growth in the areas of heating, cooling, refrigeration, lighting, and overall building utilities in greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, and across North America.
HVAC Service Technician - Commercial
- Job Title
- HVAC Service Technician - Commercial
- Job ID
- Monroe, OH 45050
- Other Location
Potential sign on bonus up to $1,500!!!
Are you looking for a reliable and committed employer to develop your career with? Monroe Mechanical, a PremiStar company, is a full-service mechanical contractor in Cincinnati, OH who has become the destination partner for commercial heating, cooling, and refrigeration in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and across North America. We focus on continuous growth and a team-oriented work environment to ensure our employees maximize their potential. We offer top pay, excellent benefits packages, and continuing education opportunities. If you’re passionate about customer service and want to grow with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
We are hiring Commercial HVAC Service Technicians. The HVAC Service Technician will install, and maintain heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and boiler systems. HVAC Technicians perform tests and analysis of data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations to customers as appropriate.
Our Technicians can earn $65,000+ annually. Potential sign on bonus up to $1,500.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot condition of operating equipment and controls to ensure continued safe operation and life cycle performance
- Perform routine repairs to pump seals, bearing, etc.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions
- Determine customer concerns with their current HVAC and boiler systems
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with customers to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system
- Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, lubricate parts, or changing filters
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Connect pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Assemble, position and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints
- Study blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components
- Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools
- Fabricate, assemble, or install duct work or chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools or welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Why You’ll Love Working for Us:
- Company paid training
- Above market wages
- Reliable and clean company vehicle
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and equipment
What We Need from You:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of documentable HVAC level operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Knowledge of HVAC repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to communicate with internal team and customers
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.