Driver Helper In Home Pickup Full Time
- Job Title
- Driver Helper In Home Pickup Full Time
- Job ID
- Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for Driver Helper for In-Home Pickup to Accompany the Driver on assigned residential routes and assist with any navigation needs. Assist Driver with loading and unloading vehicles and overall awareness while driving and guide the Driver whenever backing up a vehicle.
- Accompany the Driver on assigned residential routes and assist with any navigation needs, overall awareness while driving, physically escorting vehicles on properties where space is limited, and any time driver is in reverse and positions chock blocks whenever the truck parks.
- Safeguard all donations and company property from damage and theft. Treat all donations and company property with respect and care.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload trucks, vehicles, containers, and trailers. Load and unload vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck, lift gate and/or pallet jack.
- Politely and professionally assist in collecting donations/product from Goodwill facilities, businesses, and residences throughout RGI service area.
- Assist the Driver with Pre- and Post-Trip inspections. Daily cleaning the cab and box of the truck at the end of the workday.
- Safely and efficiently pads, stacks, and secures items in position on the truck to prevent damage during transit.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and perform all assigned duties in a safe manner according to all company safety guidelines. Report any safety concerns immediately to on site management or immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all guidelines set forth in the Transportation Manual.
- Comply with all reasonable work-related directions and requests from assigned driver.
- Assist in receiving donations, operating bailer/forklift and other processing assistance as needed.
- Assist in retail stores and donation centers, as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Weekend work is a must. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and blackout periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Basic computer skills, ability to operate GPS tracking system preferred.
- Requires drug screen.
- Requires criminal background screen.
- Standing and moving 80% of work hours.
- Ability to regularly lift/push 50+ pounds.
- Ability effectively use a dolly, pallet jack, forklift and lift gate.
- Warehouse environment 75%; Outdoors 25%, requiring appropriate dress.
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $15.00 None to $15.00 None