VP of Supply Chain
- Job Title
- VP of Supply Chain
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
Vice President of Supply Chain
We are working with a fast-growing food company at the forefront of transforming the way leafy greens are grown and distributed in the United States. This company currently operates 16 acres of production at 6 greenhouse farms in the Northeast and Midwest and is in the process of building 5 new regional hubs that will increase production by 60 acres over the next 2 years.
Seeking a VP of Supply Chain responsible for overseeing all aspects of existing Procurement and Logistics departments while creating a new Planning and Customer Service organization. The role will be involved in the development of long-term strategies related to supply chain management and will also be tasked with ensuring that these strategies are implemented effectively throughout the organization.
Location: Hybrid, reporting to HQ in Irvington, NY once a week every 4 to 6 weeks!
- Work with the Operations Leadership team to develop strategies that align supply chain activities with company objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve efficiency and reduce costs in supply chain operations
- Drive accurate capacity planning and maximize the use of resources
- Oversee planning; develop and drive an SOP process to build out a demand planning function and match supply to it
- Create and lead a customer service organization focused on ensuring POs are received, put into production, and all orders are delivered to the customer in full and on time
- Ensure the company has an adequate inventory of raw materials and finished products to meet customer demand while avoiding overstocking or shortages
- Manage the flow of materials through the supply chain by arranging for transportation, warehousing, and other services
- Review reports on inventory levels and orders additional supplies when needed
- Develop a network of suppliers to ensure that the company always has access to the materials it needs at competitive prices
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Track record of success in management and senior leadership with a minimum of five years of experience in Supply Chain leadership
- Demonstrated understanding of Planning, Procurement, and Logistics in a manufacturing or operations setting
- Strong leadership and communication skills with effective interpersonal skills to influence and guide solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice workflow processes and change management
- Ability to consistently execute and manage exceptional work