At Lippert Mechanical Service Corporation, we are equipped to handle installation, repair, maintenance, and more for all heating, cooling, mechanical, and indoor air quality systems. When you need mechanical services in Kansas City, Lawrence, or St. Joseph, our certified technicians are here to provide you with the most economical solutions for your commercial budget.
Industrial/Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- Job Title
- Industrial/Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- Job ID
- Kansas City, KS 64120
- Other Location
Lippert Mechanical is the most complete, experienced, and highest-quality HVAC, refrigeration, piping, and energy service solutions provider in the Kansas City, St. Joseph, and Lawrence/Topeka markets. Founded in 1965, Lippert is MSCA Star Certified and we employ experienced, trained experts in all areas of HVACR. We are committed to understanding your business needs to better serve you and offer the experience and stability you require.
Currently we are searching for a Commercial HVAC Journeyman Technician. The HVAC Technician will install, and maintain heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and boiler systems. HVAC Technicians perform tests and analysis of data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations to customers as appropriate. This position will pay at least $50 per hour - dependent on experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot condition of operating equipment and controls to ensure continued safe operation and life cycle performance
- Perform routine repairs to pump seals, bearing, etc.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions
- Determine customer concerns with their current HVAC and boiler systems
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with customers to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system
- Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, lubricate parts, or changing filters
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Connect pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Assemble, position and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints
- Study blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components
- Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools
- Fabricate, assemble, or install duct work or chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools or welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of documentable HVAC level operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Knowledge of HVAC repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques, electrical circuits, wiring and operating principles of motors, and local electrical codes
- Communicate with internal team and customers, follow written and verbal instructions, interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, perform math, and diagnose and resolve problems
- Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including electronic and diagnostic tools, recovery equipment, hand and power tools, and various other HVAC equipment
- This position requires: stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, crawling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, and moving or carrying objects or materials
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.