Hays Service, a fourth generation family-owned business, has operated on the principles of customer loyalty, safety, and productivity since 1945. We are proud of our unique history, beginning in the heating and plumbing industry and transitioning first to air conditioning and then to mechanical service and maintenance. Throughout nearly 75 years of business, Hays Service has transformed into a niched service provider, specializing in planned maintenance, environmentally sensitive solutions, and owning and operating cost reduction.
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Macon, GA 31210
- Other Location
At Hays Service, we are a family-owned company committed to creating a positive, rewarding atmosphere for our team members. We have spent over 70 years building a company that we can be proud of – a company that focuses on working together with our customers to provide solutions to their heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs. We're a fast-growing commercial HVAC, building automation, and energy services company with a culture that exemplifies excellence in everything we do. If you value customer service, safety, and productivity, we'd love to hear from you! We have a great culture, offer excellent starting wages and offer competitive benefits for you and your family!
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Technician that will safely perform mid to expert level mechanical, electrical and systems troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on equipment, including Weiss Technik Ovens, in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc. Will be provided with Factory Training. Maintenance Technicians will be required to work overtime as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience repairing, installing & troubleshooting industrial manufacturing machinery
- Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, & conveyors
- Experience with motors, pumps troubleshooting, repair & installation
- Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
- Take apart equipment to make repairs, replace worn and broken parts, inspect parts for damage
- Perform preventive maintenance, including cleaning and lubricating equipment/parts
- Reassemble equipment
- Test and observe running machinery & repaired machinery
- Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment
- Works independently and may work with others on a maintenance team
- Comply with safety regulations, work safely and identify safety issues. Responsible for his/her own safety and has significant responsibility for the safety of others through identifying unsafe conditions
- Record all work activities
- Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED), required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience repairing/installing/troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Valid Driver’s License, clean MVR
- Ability to read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings
- Any technical certifications in industrial manufacturing, industrial controls, or other relevant mechanical/electrical training, preferred
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.