- Job Title
- Associate, Investments
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63102
- Other Location
New + Found (“N+F”) is a private real estate firm that manages capital and real estate on behalf of institutions and private investors. N+F focuses on a placemaking approach to development - growing communities, and relationships to unlock the potential in the overlooked and underestimated. Over the last 20 years, N+F has developed over $700M and 2.5MM SF of commercial real estate. Through financing, design, construction, and decades of operating experience, N+F utilizes a mission-driven approach to provide a next generation of real estate solutions.
The Associate will focus on investment aspects of New + Found’s real estate platform including acquisitions, development, and asset management. The role will primarily focus on financial analysis and pro-forma development, acquisition and sourcing, market due diligence, and capital markets. The Associate will be the primary point person for the financial analysis of individual investments and will be responsible for preparing detailed memorandum with key takeaways for the firm’s business units, corporate finance, and senior management. The Associate will also provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- We strive to be legendary, from the service we provide to our impact on the community.
- We’re driven by ideas and creativity. We take calculated risks and embrace opportunities.
- We seek sustainable growth for our clients, our organization, and our employees.
- We lead with heart. We celebrate, appreciate and care for each other.
- We rely on trust to pursue excellence. We speak honestly, act transparently and honor our commitments.
- Executing the investment activities required for acquisition, development, and asset management, including underwriting and proforma development, acquisition and repositioning analysis, financing, and scenario analysis
- Conduct market assessments and other due diligence related to site acquisition, development feasibility, and asset repositioning.
- Prepare detailed Investment and Asset Management Memos, including proformas, sources & uses, cash flow projections, and investor returns
- Author internal and external correspondence for acquisitions, dispositions, and capital market activities.
- Support Development with detailed municipal filings for various development related programs, such as real estate tax abatements and municipal financing applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Real Estate, or relevant major.
- 3 - 5 years in financial modelling from areas such as real estate corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or real estate investment sales, debt platforms, or relevant fields.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling, MS Excel skills are required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills are also required to succeed in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Coping skills, attention to detail, along with a strong desire to grow and succeed are critical.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to success at New + Found.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.
- Candidates that have a passion for real estate, a strong entrepreneurial mind, and strong work ethic will find the most success in this position.
- Experience in hospitality or service industry a plus.