At Lippert Mechanical Service Corporation, we are equipped to handle installation, repair, maintenance, and more for all heating, cooling, mechanical, and indoor air quality systems. When you need mechanical services in Kansas City, Lawrence, or St. Joseph, our certified technicians are here to provide you with the most economical solutions for your commercial budget.
- Job Title
- Estimator/Project Manager
- Job ID
- Kansas City, KS 64120
- Other Location
Lippert Mechanical is the most complete, experienced, and highest-quality HVAC, refrigeration, piping, and energy service solutions provider in the Kansas City, St. Joseph, and Lawrence/Topeka markets. Founded in 1965, Lippert is MSCA Star Certified, and we employ experienced, trained experts in all areas of HVACR. We are committed to understanding your business needs to better serve you and offer the experience and stability you require.
Currently, we are searching for an Estimator/Project Manager. The Estimator will plan, coordinate, and/or prepare full estimates for large, complex HVAC Mechanical work and contracts. They will be working with clients, subcontractors, and vendors to generate budgets, proposals, hard bids, etc. for commercial, industrial, and institutional projects. The Estimator will also be responsible for review of all final estimate packages with the General Manager to ensure accuracy and completeness. Also, they will perform negotiation of contract scope, buyout of projects, and write-ups for accounting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares full estimates for large, complex HVAC Mechanical work and contracts.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Recommends what projects to bid on, strategies, techniques, etc. on a weekly basis
- Participates in reviews of the current status of pending bids and upcoming bids with the General Manager.
- Provides technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attends pre-bid meetings, bid strategy, and presentation meetings as required for projects Lippert has committed to bid.
- Provides technical support to the Project Manager, as requested, for awarded contracts, including estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, procuring materials, etc.
- Ensures all working documents and data to back-up estimate figures are maintained on the Lippert computer network or other programs as required.
- Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect the profitability of assigned area.
- Effectively communicates estimating issues.
- Leads negotiation of contract scope and verbiage with General Contractors on successful projects.
- Leads negotiation of vendor/subcontractor pricing and buy-out to achieve maximum gross margin for the company.
- Provide Project Management with ‘Turn-Over Meetings’ to convey all information complied during the estimating process to Production.
- Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining estimating software and pricing service to assure estimates are accurate and the department is efficient.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Ten years of HVAC/Plumbing estimating experience in commercial work.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures and estimating techniques plus industry standards, practices, and processes that impact the bid.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise group work efforts.
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with a minimum of supervision.
- Expert level of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively. Demonstrate group presentation skills, phone and e-mail etiquette.
- Ability to use significant independent judgment.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- In-depth knowledge of estimating software with a strong proficiency and /or the ability to learn and thoroughly understand and train others in the use of estimating software.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Organizational, supervisory and decision-making/problem-solving skills.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.